Things to do to better evangelise.
- Dedicate a little more time to prayer so you have more to give to others
- Share a smile with a stranger on the bus, in the playground or in the workplace
- Pass on to a friend a book, CD, DVD or web link about the Catholic faith
- Carry out an act of service to someone in need
- Ask in prayer each day that you may have an occasion to share your faith with another person – and then be ready to respond when you meet them!
- Invite a non-practicing family member or friend to attend Mass with you
- Discuss with friends their opinion on a given topic or current issue after researching the Church teachings on that subject
- Invite a neighbour over for afternoon tea and a chat
- If you meet someone who has left the Church, be compassionate and willing to listen and support them without judging them.
- Be the best son/daughter, wife/husband, sister/brother or friend that you can be.
Some other possibilities
- Proudly wear a cross or other symbol of your faith
- Invite the Catholics (active and inactive) in your street or neighbourhood to a meal or social gathering
- Offer to pray for a co-worker, family member, friend who has shared some personal concern
- Be honest and just in all your business dealings
- Celebrate your patron saint and important feast days
- Read a range of Catholic magazines, books, newspapers
- Share with another person a helpful insight about your life gained from reading the Bible